Writers’ blogs have come a long way. I really enjoy several blogs out there and wanted to share a few of them with you. If you have a writing blog you particularly enjoy, I’d love to hear from you. Please, don’t hesitate to contact me so I can add it to my list.
- CopyBlogger – A lot of help to improve your writing
- Dear Author – A blog by readers for readers
- Evil Editor – Irreverent and it makes me laugh.
- J.A. Konrath (A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing) – He’s definitely shaking things up in publishing. Interesting reading.
- Janet Reid, Literary Agent – Lots of good insights
- Miss Snark – This blog is no longer active, but there are some definite gems here!
- Murder She Writes – A great blog with thriller writers and a romantic suspense bent.
- Nathan Bransford – Currently my favorite. A former agent, now author, he really hones in on the business of writing from both points of view. A must-read!
- Pub Rants (Kristin Nelson, Agent) – A “very nice agent indulges in polite rants about the industry.” Fun and informative.
- Query Shark – Written by an anonymous agent, there’s a lot of good advice here on writing query letters.
- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books – A snarky look at the world. Can really crack me up.
- Rachelle Gardner, Literary agent – She answers a lot of questions and provides writing advice.
- The Ruby-Slippered Sisterhood – Love these guys. 2009 Golden Heart Finalists who have a hopping blog for writers. Some gems of articles all the way through.
- Writers Beware – A publishing industry watchdog group sponsored by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. Worth the read.
- Bookends, LLC Blog – Blog of agent, Jessica Faust. Opportunities abound, as does information.
- Pimp My Novel – A great blog for learning how the publishing industry works.